Ingredients & Preparation
- 1 lb. Fresh Chicken Livers
- 1 Med-Large Onion (chopped)
- 2 Hard Boiled Eggs
- 1/3 cup Triple Curl Parsley (chopped fine) Optional
- 2-3 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Kosher Salt
- Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tbsp Goya Adobo (Red Cap)
- 1/ 2 teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper
- 1/ 2 teaspoon of Paprika
- Bring 4 cups of water in a medium pot to a boil, add seasonings to boiling water, then add fresh chicken livers. Boil 30-40 minutes until livers turn soft.
2. Lightly cook onions in skillet or frying pan with 1 tbsp of vegetable oil on low-med heat until onions turn translucent (do not let onions brown).
3. Take large glass mixing bowl and combine the chicken livers, two hard boiled eggs, and the cooked onions and mix to a fully blended consistency adding vegetable oil to prevent clumping. Sprinkle in salt and pepper to taste as you go.
4. Season to taste with paprika, kosher salt, and black pepper.
Serve as an appetizer by putting a tablespoon of chopped liver spread on a Ritz cracker or cracker of choice (triscuits, toasted pita wedges) and garnish with paprika and fresh chopped triple curl parsley if desired.