Ingredients and Preparation
1- Whole Chicken 3-5 lbs.
3- Leeks (separated and rinsed thoroughly)
1- large Onion (outer skin removed)
1- bag Parsnip (rinsed and cut into discs)
1- 16 oz. bag Carrots (whole baby carrots or sliced)
4- stalks Celery (chopped)
1- bunch Dill (rinsed)
1- bunch Parsley (rinsed)
1- 24 oz. bag of Egg Noodles (any variety of choice)
Fresh ground pepper
1. Boil 4 quarts Water and add 2 tsp of kosher salt to the water, then add chicken + parts and boil 75-90 minutes.
2. Prepare vegetables while the chicken is boiling, skimming the fat from the water is optional.
3. Remove chicken and set aside to cool.
4. Lower to simmer, add carrots, parsnip, celery, onion, and leek. Stir and allow 15 min or more to soften vegetables, then add the whole bunches of dill and parsley, and fold them in.
5. Continue simmering while adding in noodles.
6. De-bone and chop chicken into chunks to return to pot.
7. Once all ingredients are in the pot, continue simmering for approximately 30-45 minutes.
Please note the views and opinions expressed in the written works contained within this site are solely those of the individual authors themselves. They are not intended to, nor meant to imply any type of endorsement, professional relationship, or affiliation to any of the individual people, organizations, or associations mentioned in the site’s publication. All written works are the sole property of the author of this website and may be subject to copyright laws.